Museum Educators Open House October 3, 2015
We're changing a few things this year. You spoke and we listened. Teachers shared with us that the Fall is an easier time of the school year for you to focus on what's important to the classroom - your continued education. In 2015 we're moving our event date from the end of January to the beginning of October. We're giving you more sessions to choose from, new CPE options and much more. Check back here for updates.
Registration will remain open until the event and space isn't limited.
Who should attend?
- Home school educators
- School district administrators
- Student teachers
- Free general admission to participating museums
- Attend presentations and booths from area museums and cultural organizations
- Learn about educational resources, trainings, programs, tools, and field trips
- Free for registered educators only. Click here to register.
- Museum fees apply to family members and guests.
- Due to space limitations, children, family members and guests may not attend presentations.
- Educators must present online registration confirmation receipt for entry to each host museum.
- Attendees can walk from museum to museum.
- All host museums are in walking distance of the METRORail Museum District station.
- $3 daily parking at the Fannin South Park & Ride at 1604 West Bellfort just south of 610 South Loop.
- $1.25 for a one-way METRORail ticket.
- Free and paid parking is available in the District.
- Allow time for traveling between museums when selecting presentations.
Planning Your Day
- Event program and timeline will be released closer to the event to plan an efficient day and visit multiple host museums.
- Complimentary tote bags available at each host museum first-come, first-served while supplies last. Only one tote bag per registered educator.
FREE MORNING AND AFTERNOON ADMISSION
- Receive a free general admission wristband. Wristbands serve as a free pass for general admission to all participating museums after 1 p.m. on event day. Only one wristband per registered educator.
Continuing Education Credits
- Receive a certificate after each presentation you attend.
- Qualify for up to fours hours of Continuing Education credits (CPE).
- Participating host museums will award door prizes after the event.
- Winners will be contacted via email after the event.
Thank you to our event sponsor Chevron and community partners: