Museum Educators Open House
Museum Educators Open House 2014
Check back for details about next year's program and schedule.
Who should attend?
- Home school educators
- School district administrators
- Student teachers
- Free general admission to participating museums
- Attend presentations and booths from area museums and cultural organizations
- Learn about educational resources, trainings, programs, tools, and field trips
- Free for registered educators only.
- Museum fees apply to family members and guests.
- Due to space limitations, children, family members and guests may not attend presentations.
- Educators must present online registration confirmation receipt for entry to each host museum.
- One passport per email address issued at host museums with online registration confirmation receipt.
- You may start and end your day at any host museum.
- Attendees can walk from museum to museum.
- All host museums are in walking distance of the METRORail Museum District station.
- $3 daily parking at the Fannin South Park & Ride at 1604 West Bellfort just south of 610 South Loop.
- $1.25 for a one-way METRORail ticket.• Pedi-cabs will be available to offer rides in between host musuems.
- Free and paid parking is available in the District.
- Allow time for traveling between museums when selecting presentations.
Planning Your Day
- Use the online program and timeline to plan an efficient day and visit multiple host museums.
- Complimentary tote bags available at each host museum first-come, first-served while supplies last. Only one tote bag per registered educator.
FREE MORNING AND AFTERNOON ADMISSION
- Registration confirmation receipt is your general admission ticket in to each host museum and presentation from 9:15 a.m. until1 p.m.
- Passports will not be accepted after 1 p.m.
- Receive a free general admission wristband beginning at noon when you submit your passport to receive your certificate.
- Wristbands serve as a free pass for general admission to all participating museums after 1 p.m. on event day. Only one wristband per registered educator.
Continuing Education Credits
- Present your passport to museum volunteers at each presentation attended.
- Receive a stamp on your passport after each presentation to qualify for three hours of Continuing Education credits (CPE)
- Attend a minimum of three presentations.
- Receive a minimum of three stamps on passport.
- Turn in stamped passport at any host museum between noon and 1 p.m. for CPE certificate. Educators are required by the State of Texas to attend the event for a minimum of three hours for credit, therefore no certificates may be issued before a specific time.
- Participating host museums will award door prizes after the event
- Winners will be drawn from completed passports submitted between noon and 1 p.m.
- Winners will be contacted via email after the event
Thank you to our event sponsor Chevron and community partners