Museum Educators Open House 2015
Check back for updates about Museum Educators Open House 2015
Who should attend?
- Home school educators
- School district administrators
- Student teachers
- Free general admission to participating museums
- Attend presentations and booths from area museums and cultural organizations
- Learn about educational resources, trainings, programs, tools, and field trips
- Free for registered educators only. Click here to register.
- Museum fees apply to family members and guests.
- Due to space limitations, children, family members and guests may not attend presentations.
- Educators must present online registration confirmation receipt for entry to each host museum.
- One passport per email address issued at host museums with online registration confirmation receipt.
ANNOUNCING NEW FORMAT
Start your day at 9 a.m. with presentations at the Children's Museum of Houston, Holocaust Museum Houston, The Health Museum or The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
Additional presentations and our Exhibitors Hall opens at 10 a.m. at the Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS). All passports will be accepted with certificates issued between 12 noon and 1 p.m. only at the HMNS.
- Start your day at 9 a.m. with presentations at the Children's Museum of Houston, Holocaust Museum Houston, The Health Museum or The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Additional presentations and our Exhibitors Hall opens at 10 a.m. at the Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS). All passports will be accepted with certificates issued between 12 noon and 1 p.m. only at the HMNS.
- Attendees can walk from museum to museum.
- All host museums are in walking distance of the METRORail Museum District station.
- $3 daily parking at the Fannin South Park & Ride at 1604 West Bellfort just south of 610 South Loop.
- $1.25 for a one-way METRORail ticket.• Pedi-cabs will be available to offer rides in between host musuems.
- Free and paid parking is available in the District.
- Allow time for traveling between museums when selecting presentations.
Planning Your Day
- Use the online EVENT PROGRAM and timeline to plan an efficient day and visit multiple host museums.
- Complimentary tote bags available at each host museum first-come, first-served while supplies last. Only one tote bag per registered educator.
FREE MORNING AND AFTERNOON ADMISSION
- Registration confirmation receipt is your general admission ticket in to each host museum and presentation from 9:15 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Passports will not be accepted after 1 p.m.
- Receive a free general admission wristband beginning at noon when you submit your passport to receive your certificate.
- Wristbands serve as a free pass for general admission to all participating museums after 1 p.m. on event day. Only one wristband per registered educator.
Continuing Education Credits
- Present your passport to museum volunteers at each presentation attended.
- Receive a stamp on your passport after each presentation to qualify for three hours of Continuing Education credits (CPE)
- Attend a minimum of three presentations.
- Receive a minimum of three stamps on passport.
- Turn in stamped passport at any host museum between noon and 1 p.m. for CPE certificate. Educators are required by the State of Texas to attend the event for a minimum of three hours for credit, therefore no certificates may be issued before a specific time.
- Participating host museums will award door prizes after the event
- Winners will be drawn from completed passports submitted between noon and 1 p.m.
- Winners will be contacted via email after the event
Thank you to our event sponsor Chevron and community partners: