Children's Museum of Houston
http://cmhouston.org/ | 713-522-1138
About Children's Museum of Houston
Monstrous mayhem will be unleashed when the Children’s Museum of Houston is transmogrified into the Monsters' Museum of Houston for three weeks of Halloween. From Oct. 12 to 31, we dare you to witness how monsters have rummaged, scoured, combed, and turned upside down the Museum to make room for their monster lairs. This hair-raising experience will allow you to “catch monsters” in the act, interact with their pals, observe and comprehend their behavior, participate in monster hobbies, and discover why monsters may be just simply misunderstood!
- Find the hidden monster clues to go on a trick-or-treat hunt, 4 – 6 p.m. every day.
- Examine deposits of slime left by slobbering monsters at the Crazed Chemist Lab, Oct. 21 – 31.
- Make Drippy Monsters appear or disappear.
- Give monsters feelings by mixing and matching features and expressions in Monster Mix Match.
- Master the monster language by making shrieking Monster Calls.
- Take a bite out of hydraulics by making moving clenching jaws at Dr. Frankenstein’s Lab, Oct. 12 – 23.
- Prevent monsters from feeding on pumpkins by painting pumpkins, Oct. 26.
- Use iPads to catch monsters in action or strike a monster pose, Oct. 19.
- Party with a DJ during Moe’s Monster Mash Bash on Oct. 31!
The Museum’s beloved Moe Monster will guide you through a gnarling Halloween adventure complete with daring dragons, ghastly ghosts, rotten mummies, otherworldly aliens, man-eating plants, flying books and more, with the intention of learning from the best and brightest in Monsterdom! Don’t forget there’s trick-or-treating 4 to 6 p.m, Tuesday to Friday, 4 – 8 p.m. on Thursdays, and all day weekends and Halloween Day!
MOE’S MONSTER MASH BASH, OCT. 31
Howl at the moon while you bask in Houston’s ultimate Halloween party for kids. Let the ghoul time’s roll as you boogie to the hauntingly hip tunes of an undead DJ during Moe’s Monster Mash Bash. The event will feature dancing, trick-or-treating and more from 4 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 31! Be sure to come dressed in your most boo-tiful or frightfully freaky monster costume!
With 90,000 square feet of interactive exhibits bursting with action-packed fun, the Children's Museum of Houston is “America’s No. 1 children’s museum” (Source: Parents magazine) and A Playground for Your Mind™
- Dive into the forces and properties of water through waves, vortices and rapids, and explore the fascinating concept of hydropower in FlowWorks.
- Hold jobs, elect your peers into city government and even use debit cards in Kidtropolis, USA.
- Defy physical challenges leaping up and down different levels of the PowerTower, calculate your heart rate or jam to popular music in PowerPlay.
- Step into a workshop of gadgets and gizmos where your create, concoct, and construct contraptions in Invention Convention.
- Walk into a whimsical factory and explore materials science and nanotechnology at Matter Factory.
- Help the CyberSquad protect the virtual universe from the evil Hacker while exploring math concepts at Cyberchase – The Chase Is On!
- Parents enjoy a place to interact with their child, gain insight into their child’s cognitive, social-emotional and physical development in Tot*Spot